THE WYSONG e-HEALTH LETTER 814
~Thoughts for Thinking People~
DIETING THE AMERICAN WAY
This diet is designed to help you cope with the stress that builds up during the day.
-1 slice whole wheat toast
-8 oz. skim milk
-4 oz. lean broiled chicken breast
-1 cup steamed spinach
-1 cup herb tea
-1 Oreo cookie
-The rest of Oreos in the package
-2 pints Rocky Road ice cream, nuts, cherries and whipped cream
-1 jar hot fudge sauce
-2 loaves garlic bread
-4 cans or 1 large pitcher Coke
-1 large sausage, mushroom and cheese pizza
-3 Snickers bars
LATE EVENING NEWS:
-Entire frozen Sara Lee cheesecake (eaten directly from freezer)
RULES FOR THIS DIET:
1. If you eat something and no one sees you eat it, it has no calories.
2. If you drink a diet soda with a candy bar, the diet soda cancels out the calories in the candy bar.
3. When you eat with someone else, calories don't count if you do not eat more than they do.
4. Food used for medicinal purposes NEVER counts, such as hot chocolate, brandy, toast and Sara Lee Cheesecake.
5. If you fatten up everyone else around you, then you look thinner.
6. Movie related foods do not have additional calories because they are part of the entertainment package and not part of
one's personal fuel. Examples: Milk Duds, buttered popcorn, Junior Mints, Red Hots and Tootsie Rolls.
7. Cookie pieces contain no calories. The process of breaking causes calorie leakage.
8. Things licked off knives and spoons have no calories if you are in the process of preparing something.
9. Foods that have the same color have the same number of calories. Examples: spinach and pistachio ice cream; mushrooms and mashed potatoes.
10. Chocolate is a universal color and may be substituted for any other food color.
11. Anything consumed while standing has no calories. This is due to gravity and the density of the caloric mass.
12. Anything consumed from someone else's plate has no calories since the calories rightfully belong to the other person and will cling to his/her plate. (We ALL know how calories like to cling!)
Remember, "stressed" spelled backwards is "desserts."
--don't believe a word of it.
Best of health to you and yours from all of us here at Wysong.